Serves: 4 people
Times: 30 minutes (plus at least 6 hours in the fridge)
30g Rich Tea biscuits
45g Cappucino digestive thins
1 tbsp very soft butter
For the cheesecake mixture:
280g cream cheese(I used Philadelphia Light)
100g melted milk chocolate
50g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
Cocoa powder to decorate (Optional)
- Place your biscuits and butter together in a food processor to a fine, damp crumb. Divide between four ramekins or ovenproof glass jars with a capacity of at least 125ml. Press down firmly to flatten. Clean out the processor.
- Melt your milk chocolate, I usually do this in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Blend all the ingredients together for the cheesecake mixture including the melted chocolate, scraping down as necessary to remove lumps. Share between the four ramekins, cover each ramekin loosely with foil to avoid condensation dripping into the cheesecakes
- Place the trivet in the inner pot of your Instant Pot and pour in 250 ml of water. Position the cheesecakes on top of the trivet, stacking on top of each other if necessary and place the lid on with the nozzle set to sealing.
- Set to manual on high pressure for 12 minutes and allow an NPR. Use oven gloves to remove the cheesecakes and allow them to cool on a rack to room temperature before chilling for at least 3 hours, dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar to serve.
- Eat within 48 hours of making.