Serves: 4 people
Time: 1.5 hours
500g lamb mince
1.5 teaspoons ground coriander
1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon pul biber (Aleppo Pepper)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
100g fresh breadcrumbs
1 red onion, grated
4 garlic cloves, crushed/grated
1 teaspoon salt (or more/less to taste)
- Mix up all the ingredients until well combined together and all the spices and breadcrumbs are fully dispersed throughout the lamb
- Put the meat mixture into a doubled over piece of foil and wrap really tightly ensuring that all air bubbles are taken out so that your kebab doesn’t have any surprise little air holes.
- Add 2 cups of water to your Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker)
- Place your wrapped up kebab log onto a trivet on top of the water
- Place your lid onto the Instant Pot and set the pressure release handle to sealing
- Set to manual, high pressure, 25 minutes and then allow the pot to go through to keep warm and let the pressure release naturally.
- When you are ready to eat, take the log out of the foil and heat on all sides under a really hot grill to crisp up the outside (just like the turning kebab on a huge skewer in the kebab house), slice up and serve with lots of salad, pickled onions, garlic and chilli sauces.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
P.S. If you don’t have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, cook this up in the oven covered in the foil for around an 1.5 hours on 180 degrees. Then follow the grilling steps.