Serves: 2/3 people
Times: 40 minutes (plus any marinating time)
400g chicken breast, diced into 2cm cubes
30g garlic and herb cream cheese (I use Philadelphia light)
30g Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon paprika (or cayenne pepper if you like it spicy)
1/2 teaspoon tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
30g natural breadcrumbs
30g panko breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
For the Chips:
400g Maris Piper potatoes
- Mix together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, paprika, tomato puree, and dried oregano with some salt and then add the chicken pieces. Allow to marinate for at least 1/2 hour (the longer the better, I often have this marinated on a sunday and in the fridge for a quick midweek meal)
- While your chicken marinates, peel and chop your potatoes into chunky chips, and place on a single layer on a microwavable plate, I sometimes need to do 2 rounds of this to ensure the chips cook evenly
- Once you have a plate full, place in your microwave and cover, cook on full power for 6 minutes, removing the cover half way through. If you have a jacket potato setting on your microwave, I’d use this setting for 2 potatoes worth.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a couple of baking trays with foil or grease proof paper and give them both a good spray oil coating.
- Once your potatoes are cooked through, allow them to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to your baking tray and give them a good spray oil coating too, if you want to season them, you can do this before spraying too.
- Mix together your breadcrumbs with a little salt and the black pepper
- Add your chicken pieces to the breadcrumb mixture and coat each one well and place onto your baking tray in a single layer
- Bake the chicken and chips for 25-30 minutes, turning half way through until they are both golden brown and crispy all over
- Enjoy with your favourite dips!
p.s You can also use this recipe to make chicken escalopes/burgers, just flatten out your chicken breast/thighs and ensure they are an even thickness all the way through, bake
the same way for 30-35 minutes.