Serves: 4 people for a Taco dinner/4 – 6 burrito servings
300g boneless chicken breast, sliced (you could use thighs if that’s your preference)
1 tbsp fajita seasoning
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
Mixed peppers, sliced (optional)
1 can of refried beans (I use this one)
1 bag of mexican style rice (I use this one)
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat, add your oil and add the chicken, keep stirring to ensure the chicken is sealed on all sides then add your fajita seasoning, ground cumin and coriander, black pepper and salt.
- Add your onions and mixed peppers, and stir fry this for 5-10 minutes until the vegetable soften and the chicken cooks through/
- Once this mix is ready, you can eat it as it is, with salad/a grating of cheese in tacos or as fajitas.
- To make a burrito filling, mix through the can of refried beans and the bag of rice, then place the lot into a deep baking tray and top with cheese. Bake in a pre-heated oven (180 degrees) for around 15 minutes until the cheese is melty and all the the beans and rice are heated through.
- I usually wait until this is cooled down and wrap it in chunks in tin foil, in a sausage shape ready to freeze.
- When I want a fresh hot burrito, I take it out of the freezer and defrost (either out on the counter or in the microwave) and then wrap into a tortilla wrap which I can then take to lunch and heat in the microwave or EmJay can heat in the in-flight oven for his dinner.
P.S I served this with some sauteed mushrooms on the side as I don’t really like them, that way EmJay can add as many as he likes!