Serves: 2 as a main course
Time: 10-20 minutes depending on the cooking method
300g cauliflower, cut into roughly 1 inch florets
150g frozen peas
1/2 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 tbsp sunflower oil (or flavourless oil of choice)
1 tsp mustard speeds
1 pinch asofetida
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbps lemon juice
1 tablespoon passata
Salt to taste
Freshly chopped coriander (to garnish, optional)
- Push the saute button on your Instant Pot and add your oil and mustard seeds. Wait for the seeds to start sizzle and splatter a little and then add your pinch of asofetida.
- Give the whole lot a stir and then add your cauliflower and peas and stir through the mustard seeds for around 2 minutes
- Add your dry spices,garlic, chilli, salt and lemon juice and then add your water to the pot to deglaze any mustard seeds which may have stuck to the bottom.
- Stir in your passata, and then pop the lid onto your Instant Pot. Program the pot to manual, high pressure for 2 minutes. It should come to pressure relatively quickly as all the ingredients are already warm. Give it a quick release once it beeps.
- Give the whole thing a good stir, garnish with fresh coriander leaves if using and serve.
No Instant Pot? No problem, just follow the method in a pan with a lid and cover up and steam for 10 minutes rather than pressure cooking.