Serves: 3-4 people
Time: 1.5 hours
For the chicken marinade:
4 chicken breasts sliced up thinly
Half a red onion
3 spring onions
3 dessert spoons of natural yogurt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 green chilli chopped finely
1cm ginger grated
4 fat garlic cloves
1 teaspoon pul biber
Lemon juice (to taste)
1 tablespoon sunflower oil (or any other flavourless oil)
To build your kebab:
1 whole red onion sliced
3 wooden skewers that have been soaked in cold water and cut to the size of your Instant Pot diameter.
To serve and garnish:
Salads of your choice
Any condiments you like
- Take all the marinade ingredients apart from the chicken and put into a food processor until chopped finely and mixed together.
- Marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours, you could also do this overnight
- Once marinated, use your sliced red onion to make a base with your 3 skewers and start to layer up the chicken using the onion rings to stablise the whole thing. I usually alternate the sliced chicken between the 3 skewers to make the shawarma round like a mini version of what you would see in the local kebab house.
- Wrap up your kebab tightly in a double layer of foil
- Place into your Instant Pot and set on the poultry setting for 30
minutes with the vent set to sealing, let the pressure release naturally.
- While the pressure releases pre-heat your grill(broiler) to the highest setting
- Once the pressure is naturally released, carefully remove the kebab, there will be lots of juice in the foil
- Grill evenly on all sides until golden brown
- Slice up and serve with breads, salads and sauces